no one ever said moving was easy, there's no doubt about it that it's a major pain. Planning as early as possible for your move will help ALLEVIATE stress on moving day
There are many things you can do a month or more ahead of time before your move to lessen the workload closer to your move date. The more you get done ahead of time, the better the chances of your move being a breeze!
- Make a room by room packing list and take inventory of what you have. Most people don't realize how much stuff they have until they have to pack it all up.
- Get the packing process started by starting with the closets. Take the time to go through your closets and get rid of clothing that doesnt fit or you no longer want.
- Donate unwanted items, sell to a consignment shop, or sell online to make some extra cash to help with your moving expenses. Who doesn't like some extra cash in their pockets?
- Begin packing items that aren't used frequently. Seasonal items, rarely used items, and items stored in the attic or basement are a good place to start.
- Use up food in the pantry and refrigerator. Begin to lessen the shopping list at the grocery store. The less food you have on moving day, the less you need to pack or throw out.