Follow these easy packing tips to ensure your move is a breeze, and your POSSESSIONS stay safe!
- Don't leave empty spaces in boxes. Fill in empty spaces with towels or paper to ensure your items dont move around during the move. The more empty space left in boxes increases the risk for the boxes to get crushed or damaged, and your possessions to be ruined.
- Use a generous amount of tape. Take the time to make sure boxes and packages are tapped thoroughly and securely. If tape comes loose during the move, you will risk items gettting damaged or lost.
- Avoid mixing items from different rooms. This will save you precious time during the packing process as well as the unpacking process.
- Pack heavier items in multiple smaller boxes. Items such as books and dishes add up in weight very quickly. Use numerous small boxes to ensure you will be able to lift them easily, and to ensure items such as glass won't have the chance to get broken.
- Place heavier items at the bottom of boxes, and lighter items near the top of boxes.
- Pack seasonal items ahead of time to get them out of the way and storage areas cleared out.