Households Big And Small, We Move Them All
Residential Moving & Storage Services
Based in Rochester, NY, Clark Moving & Storage aims to relieve your stress during a move in or out of Monroe County. We do so by providing award-winning customer service, keeping your belongings intact, and helping create a customized plan to ensure your move goes smoothly.
From items as small as thumbtacks to products as large as cars and trucks, we can pack, move, and store anything you need while moving within the state, country, or beyond.
Make the move today. Ask how Clark Moving & Storage can help move your belongings.
Local & New York State Residential Moving
- Hourly transportation rates apply when the distance between the origin and destination is 150 miles or less.
- NYS shipments over 150 miles are based on weight and mileage.
Interstate & USA Residential Moving
Interstate shipments are based on weight and mileage. The mileage is determined from origin zip code to destination zip code.
*Clark Moving & Storage conducts interstate business as an Agent for Mayflower.
Learn More About Our
International Residential Moving
We can move you anywhere as long as we can get a shipping container or truck there! Clark Moving & Storage in Rochester, NY, provides appropriate options for international moves and will guide you through every detail so you can relax.
- Reduces transit time; used to send time-sensitive items.
- Ideal for smaller shipments.
- Constructed of plywood with a 2-inch by 4-inch wooden frame. Skids are attached to the bottom of the container so a forklift can handle it.
- Lift vans are usually lined with water-resistant paper and may be caulked as necessary to keep your goods dry. After caulking, steel straps are placed around the outside to secure the lift van.
- Standard sizes are 185 to 210 cubic feet. Other sizes can be built to hold bulky items.
- Generally used if the total shipment weighs less than 4,000 pounds.
- Can be used for storage as well as transportation, which prevents additional handling.
- Can easily be inspected for customs clearance.
- Usually less expensive than air freight.
- Normally the longest leg of the move in terms of distance and time spent in transit.
- Constructed of steel and resembles motor freight trailers.
- 20-foot containers hold approximately 1,100 cubic feet, while 40-foot units hold about 2,200 cubic feet.
- Can hold more than a single lift-van and are used for large or bulky shipments. To effectively use a steamship container, a minimum of 700 cubic feet (approximately 4,000 pounds) is suggested.
- May not be available for shipping to some foreign countries.
- Provided by ocean carriers and may not be utilized for storage purposes.
- Due to their construction, it allows for the best protection of a shipment compared to other containers.
- Can result in lower transportation charges if the minimum requirement for weight and volume are met.
Have a moving question?
We have the answer!
8:00 AM-5:00 PM
8:00 AM-12:00 PM
(by appointment only)