- Start packing items you will not need ahead of time.
- Use packing tape for boxes; never use duct tape.
- Never use printed newspaper to pack fine china. The ink can rub off and ruin your items permanently.
- Always tape boxes, interlocking box flaps will not hold up, especially when stacking boxes.
- Try packing electronics and appliances in original boxes if possible. If you don't have original boxes, be sure to use plenty of padding or bubble wrap.
- Label ALL boxes clearly with contents and location of home. This will make unpacking SO much easier.
- Use smaller boxes for heavy items, they'll be easier to lift.
- Don't use boxes without tops, they won't be able to be stacked.
- Books and magazines get heavy very quickly, use numerous small boxes to pack these items.
- Clothing in drawers can easily be dumped into suitcases.
- Use tall garbage bags as garment bags for clothing on hangers. Grab 10 or so items at a time, poke a hole in bottom of the bag and slide over the hangers. Tie off the bottom of bag to keep clothes dry and clean during the move.
- Don't pack all cleaning products/ utensils before you move. You will need these items to clean up after yourself once your items are all moved out.
When moving, efficiency is key. Packing can be the most stressful and time-consuming part of a move. We've got together some of our best quick packing tips to make your pre-move pack as smooth and quick as possible.
News and information about everything moving, storage, logistics, and much more including exclusive savings and promotions. Rochester movers you can trust and afford. Call (585) 594-5000 today for a free commercial or residential moving estimate.