Residential Moving Services in or out of Rochester, NY
Our mission is to relieve your stress during a move. We do so by providing award-winning customer service, keeping your belongings in tact and helping create a custom plan to ensure your move goes the way you want and need it to. From items as small as thumb tacks, to as large as cars and trucks – we can move and store anything you need while in transition.
If you are planning a move, we recommend starting with a free, written, no obligation estimate from a Clark Moving & Storage relocation specialist.
Our Residential Moving Services Include:
Local / New York State Residential Moving
- Hourly Transportation Rates apply when the distance between the origin and destination is 150 miles or less.
- NYS Shipments over 150 miles are based on weight and mileage.
Interstate / USA Residential Moving
Interstate shipments (from one state to another) are based on weight and mileage. The mileage is determined from origin zip code to destination zip code. *Clark Moving & Storage conducts interstate business as an Agent for Mayflower.
International Residential Moving
We can move you anywhere as long as we can get a shipping container or truck there! Clark Moving & Storage in Rochester, NY provides appropriate options for international moves and will guide you through every detail so you can relax.
- Reduces transit time; used to send time-sensitive items.
- Ideal for smaller shipments.
- Constructed of plywood with a 2-inch by 4-inch wooden frame. Skids are attached to the bottom of the container so it can be handled by a forklift.
- Lift-vans are usually lined with water-resistant paper and may be caulked as necessary to keep your goods dry. After caulking, steel straps are placed around the outside to secure the lift-van.
- Standard sizes are 185 to 210 cubic feet. Other sizes can be built to hold bulky items.
- Generally used if total shipment weighs less than 4,000 pounds.
- Can be used for storage as well as transportation, which prevents additional handling.
- Can easily be inspected for customs clearance.
- Usually less expensive than air freight.
- Normally the longest leg of the move in terms of distance and time spent in transit.
- Constructed of steel and resemble motor freight trailers.
- Twenty-foot containers hold approximately 1,100 cubic feet while 40-foot units hold about 2,200 cubic feet.
- Can hold more than a single lift-van and are used for large or bulky shipments. To effectively use a steamship container, a minimum of 700 cubic feet (approximately 4,000 pounds) is suggested.
- May not be available for shipping to some foreign countries.
- Provided by ocean carriers and may not be utilized for storage purposes.
- Due to their construction, allows for best protection of a shipment compared to other containers.
- Can result in lower transportation charges if the minimum requirement for weight and volume are met.
Pianos, Hot Tubs, Gym Equipment, Art, Custom crating
Storage In Transit
We are grateful to be an agent of Mayflower Transit and subsequently able to offer options wherever you need us: storage services can be arranged where you are now, or where you are moving to. At Clark Moving & Storage, we know things can happen at any point when planning a move. Whether you’re delayed because your home isn’t ready or real estate timing got tricky, we can and will accommodate.
Storage Options and Fees
Storage in transit services and charges are a part of the long distance move and contract.
If your vaulted storage needs are local or long term, the methods are the same, but the pricing and contracts are not part of a long-distance move, but rather a separate agreement with the individual warehouse.
Description Of Additional Storage Charges
- Warehouse handling is a one-time charge, usually based on weight, to prepare the shipment for storage.
- Storage charges for household goods are normally based on weight and the period charges are governed by the tariff that applies.
- Pick Up or Delivery Charges can be by the hour or on a weight basis, again governed by the tariff that applies.
- Storage access is by appointment only. Hourly rates apply to prepare the shipment for access and then replacing. Storage charges will be adjusted for reduced or additional weight.
- Additional Valuation can be added to increase the carriers’ minimum liability.
Self Packing, Portable Moving & Storage Containers
- Quick, Convenient & Affordable Storage
- Sturdy and Waterproof.
- Ground level container for ease of access.
- Load at your own pace.
- We will move your shipping container to storage or your new location, when you’re ready.
Helpful Moving Tips And DIY Videos From Mayflower – Award Winning Service
Discover the easier way to move! Follow some of the moving tips provided by our parent company, Mayflower Transit, one the nation’s longest running moving companies.
Check out these helpful videos from Mayflower Transit too!
Packing Your Kitchen
Packing Your Bedroom